:: Welcome to the BioAlgo Group
BioAlgo is a research group within the Algorithms and Computational Mathematics research team
- Institute of Informatics and Telematics (IIT), at the
National Research Council (CNR) in Pisa,
in collaboration with the Department of Computer Engineering
of the University of Pisa,
with the Department of Computer Engineering
of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
and with and the Department of Science and Technological Innovation of the
University of Piemonte Orientale "Amedeo Avogadro".
The research lines of the group are centered on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, and in particular:
- Bio-sequences Analysis for:
- simple and structured motif identification and extraction
- tandem repeat identification and extraction
- Microarray Gene Expression Data Analysis
- SNP Haplotyping Analysis
- Biological Networks Analysis
- Detection of Copy Number Variations in Cancer
- Classification of Diseases via Gene Expression Profiling
The objective is the development of efficient and scalable algorithms for high throughput analysis of biological and genomic data, in order to help
getting useful indication in a -highly competitive- timely manner. Details on the research lines can be found here. |
Furthermore, BioAlgo aims at developing tools that allow the visualization and the analysis of raw and processed biological data.
Details on the tools can be found here .
The BioAlgo group has been and is active in the following projects:
We are also part of the Biotechnology project
for Dipartimento di Ingegneria, ICT e Tecnologie per l'Energia e i Trasporti" (DIITET).
- project PRIN "The role of tandem repeats in neurodegenerativediseases: a genomic and proteomic approach" (2017-2020);
- regional project " Eligibility of miRNAsmodified by docetaxel in prostate cancer cells to plasma biomarkers in patients responsive or no more responsive to docetaxel" (2017-2019);
- project RepeatALS "Genome-wide analysis of DNA tandem repeats in ALS: the role of Repeatome" funded by AriSLA (2014-2016);
- regional project "The isolation and validation of miRNA/mRNA complexes to identify genes and pathways targeted by tumor suppressor miRNAs in prostate cancer cells" (2013-2016);
- InterOmics Flagship project (2012-2018);
- joint IFC - IIT Laboratory for Integrative Systems Medicine (LISM) (2012-present);
- VPH 7FP EU funded Network of Excellence, in partnership with ERCIM (2008-2011).
Styled and mantained by:
M. Elena Renda